All Parents/Guardians are required to ensure that they are fully aware of the Guidelines on the Safe Return to Gaelic Games document https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19.
Parents/Guardians must share this information, in an age appropriate manner, with their child including awareness as to the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and of social/physical distancing guidance. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/symptoms.html
A parent/guardian or a child displaying any of the Covid 19 symptoms must not attend for training or other Gaelic Games activities
• Complete the Covid 19 GAA Education Module https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19
• Complete the Health Questionnaire (Safe Return for Gaelic Games) in advance of the child’s return to club activity. https://returntoplay.gaa.ie
• Seek medical advice if their child has underlying health conditions before returning to club activity
• Ensure that the Team Covid Supervisor is made aware of any medical condition that their child may have including any medication the child may be required to take during the day or any changes in their child’s medical condition from what is recorded in the initial health questionnaire completed by the parent/guardian
• Ensure if any relevant information contained in the health questionnaire, including the parent’s contact details, change from day to day
• Reconfirm the Health Questionnaire online before each session
• Ensure their child has washed their hands prior to arriving to club activity.
• Ensure their child arrives togged and ready for activity. Dressing rooms will not be
available for this purpose
• Ensure child has appropriate clothing i.e. mouthguard, hurley, helmet, rain jacket,
• Ensure their child has their own water bottle, marked with the child’s name
• If deemed appropriate provide their child with their own hand sanitiser (at least 60% alcohol) labelled
• Travel with child/children where possible to training/games – only one
parent/guardian, not directly involved in the training session, is permitted to attend or observe training and must abide by the directives contained in the Guidelines on the Safe Return to Gaelic Games document at all times
During Club Activities No person or child should attend a club activity if they are unwell or members of
their household are showing symptoms consistent with Covid-19.
• Parents should adhere to the social distancing guidelines when approaching registration areas
• When collecting their child avoid any physical contact with coaches, other parents and other children
Parent/Guardian should inform their child that they:
• Must refrain from shaking hands, high fives and spitting
• Must wash their hands and use hand sanitiser prior to and post going to the toilet
• Access to dressing rooms, hall etc. is prohibited
• Must use their own water bottle, labelled with the child’s name
• Players must leave immediately after training with members from their own house
• Players must shower at home
• Players should wash their hands
• Parents should collect their child from the collection area as advised by the Club.
• Parents should ensure that all gear and equipment is collected and taken home and
appropriately cleaned prior to the next club activity session
How to manage a child, with COVID-19 symptoms
• If at any time during a club activity your child displays sign or symptoms of Covid 19, as the parent/guardian the Team Covid Supervisor or Camp Coordinator will phone you.
• The Team Covid Supervisor/Camp Coordinator will along with one other adult accompany your child while adhering to the social/physical distancing guidelines
• The parent/guardian will transport the child home and should consult with their GP by phone of their child’s symptoms
• All persons who have been in close contact with the suspect case will need to be informed to restrict their movement for 14 days or until further information is available (i.e. a negative test result of the suspect case)